Friday, June 25, 2010

What have we been up to??

We have been busy - I'm not sure why. I feel like there is not much time to get anything done. Last week we spent a week at my parents house. I braved the 8 hour drive with 4 kids all by myself. Luckily Grant is getting better at riding in the car and Ava slept the whole time. As always we stopped at our friends the Turgooses for a little break in Boise. It is always a welcome sight to see their house, and always fun to visit with them. I spent the week helping my mom paint. She just got new flooring in her kitchen/entry way, so I painted the entry way/laundry room a really pretty brown, I painted her craft room yellow, and I painted her front door blue (I hope my dad doesn't read this!). She has wanted to paint it for a long time, but my dad didn't want it done. He didn't even notice the two days he was home when I was there, so I'm wondering if he ever will. Claire and Owen started swim lessons this week, and they are loving it. The first day Owen wouldn't get in, so I just took his arms, and handed him to the teacher. I'm sure she thought I was a terrible mother, but when he came out he told me he loved swimming lessons. So, I guess my theory worked out. We have spent lots of time at the park, and are finally getting to enjoy some warm weather. However I think my kids are wimps because today they complained about how hot it was. I think it might be in the 80's; maybe! Chad has been busy with work and school. We don't see him much. He has 2 more weeks of these two summer classes, and then hopefully the kids will have a dad again. He is gone from 8:30 in the morning until midnight. It makes for a long day for me. Owen is missing his dad the most, and has started to invite other male figures to do things with him that his dad would normally do. Lets just say we are all ready to see him a little bit more. I will try to catch up on all my blogging. Just keep checking in, and hopefully soon I will be all caught up.
Icouldn't resist. I think this is when she is 3 weeks old.
Owen and Grant love to help me make anything. Don't you love Owen's outfit - ahh independence!
Grant loves to get his picture taken. Whenever the camera comes out, he gives me a big smile, and takes the best pictures!

0 comments: