Each night before Christmas we also open a Christmas book. Most of the times I can hardly make it through them because I am crying so hard, but I make it through. It is a fun activity, and the kids love it because they get to open a present each night. Sometimes the books are about Santa, but most of the times they are touching Christmas stories that revolve around service. I want my kids to understand that not everyone is as lucky as they are.
Whenever we travel away from home for Christmas we always open up presents before we leave. The kids opened their presents from their Grandpa and Grandma Clayson. They got some new pajamas, and couldn't have been happier. This was Ava's first understanding of a present, and it is fun to watch as they discover that there is something under all that wrapping paper.
0 comments:
Post a Comment