Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween

We had a wonderful Halloween as usual. The kids were so excited. Up until a few days before Halloween, Owen was going to be Spiderman, but I just hated the mask. He borrowed the costume from his cousin, so I wasn't out anything. So, off we went to the K-Mart where costumes were already 50 percent off, and wallah - we now had a knight! He decided that he was going to kill the dragons for the princess, but "only little dragons." Apparently I have a pretty smart boy to think that one through!

Claire was Sleeping Beauty as she had wanted for quite awhile. I would love to take all the credit for her dress, but I can only claim doing a few things on it. My friend Jodi and I were sharing the pattern, so I cut mine out, and then got sick. Since it was at her house, she was so kind and finished most of the dress for me. I did make the crown, hem it, and make the thing that goes across the shoulders, so I can take about 1/5 of the credit. Regardless Claire was so happy - thanks Jodi you saved me!

Grant was our little superhero. He was nice and cozy, and really could have cared less about Halloween. He was happy to get a special treat from Grandma Farmer, but didn't know what it was for. In fact after the trunk or treat, we went and got a pizza, and then Grant stayed home with Chad while I took the kids around trick or treating. We made it about 3 blocks, and Owen was ready to go. We live in a neighborhood with a lot of older people, and they don't get a lot of trick or treaters, so my kids got a ton of candy anyways, and it was good candy. Chad has been enjoying himself!

1 comments:

KiLee said...

Cute costumes! It looks like it was a successful Halloween! We took Kita out for the first time this year - but since Halloween is on a Sunday next year, we won't be taking her out. Thank goodness for Trunk or Treats!