Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mr. Grant

Grant seriously cracks us up. In the last month, he has really changed, and is so much fun to be around. He is finally holding his own around Claire and Owen. Whenever they do something that he doesn't like, or take something away from him, he basically yells at them. I should worry that my one year old is yelling, but hey he has to hold his own around here. He is also learning new words, and cracking us up. About a month ago, he picked up one of Claire's ponies, turned it around in his hands and said "cow, moo." Chad and I just looked at each other stunned. I guess it could be due to the fact that his favorite all time show is Baby McDonald, but that might just be a coincidence. He loves to wrestle with his dad and Owen, and seriously loves chicken nuggets. Go figure. He is starting to try to walk a little bit, but seriously has no desire to try anytime soon. He is almost all the way off of his bottle, and finally takes a great nap during the day, and goes to bed at a decent hour. He loves to "shake it," and is beginning to love The Wiggles, thanks to Owen deciding that he loved them again - go figure. He has learned to go up and down the stairs, but still sometimes tries to go down head first, we are working hard on that one. He loves to put things away, except for the silverware in the dishwasher, which he just loves to throw all over the floor.
He has discovered his nose, and especially likes to explore that part of himself during mealtime. It is actually quite funny.
One day he was being soooo quiet. You moms all know how worried that can make you. I went exploring and that morning on my way to church I dropped some snack mix on the ground, and in our hurry to leave I hadn't cleaned it up yet. Luckily Grant was helping me, and was cleaning it up all by himself by eating it all. I'm sure he thought that he found the perfect place to eat it at, where no one would bother him.

2 comments:

Willis Family said...

He is such a sweetie!!

Debra said...

Abbie loves chicken nuggets as well. Glad to have you back in the blogging world my friend.