Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Pumpkins

We decided to move our pumpkin patch to the front of our yard in our rock wall this year. We couldn't get them to grow very big, and since I was landscaping the front yard, it was much cheaper to plant pumpkins and some squash than buy a ton of flowers. We were gone most of the summer and I would hear about was how beautiful our flowers were and how big our pumpkins were. We were so excited when we came home to see what had grown while we were gone. We were lucky enough to have 4 pumpkins grow. I think the biggest one was about 65 pounds which is great for us. My preschool kids loved to tell me all about my pumpkins that they would see each day coming into class. The kids were so happy to help pick their pumpkins this year, and can hardly wait to carve them.




0 comments: