Let me start off by describing our lives right now. Since Chad quit his job this summer, we have worked hard to make ends meet. Thankfully we have been very blessed. I worried for months before we made the big jump, but so far so good. I have been blessed to have the opportunity to teach 30 preschool kids. I'm not going to lie, it is hard some days because I would rather spend more time with my kids, but it is paying the bills, so I can't complain to hard!! I work Monday and Wednesday mornings, and then I have 2 classes on Tuesday and Thursdays. They are great kids and have wonderful parents who are so supportive. That always helps. Then there is my other job at the Holt Arena. I call that my fun mom time job. The ladies I work with are so fun to be around. We talk about our kids and families, and of course make lots of comments on what people are wearing. Football season has been crazy. It usually works out well, but Chad got his new job driving bus, and it has been tough. I have thought about giving it up, but it is our Christmas money, and right now every little bit helps. Before Chad was driving bus, he was working Saturday morning helping deliver Bountiful Baskets, and then cleaning at the Holt Area after events. That was crazy because he would work late Friday night until about 2:00, then have to be up at 4:30 to deliver baskets, be home around 12:00, sleep, and then go back to the Holt Arena about 6:30. I had to work during the day, and find a place for the kids. All I have to say is a big THANK YOU to those who have helped me. It hasn't been easy. Chad's mom is wonderful, she calls me every Friday to make sure the kids are taken care of. She has met me a countless number of times to pick up the kids. She has fed us dinner, and made my life much easier. Chad's brothers and sisters have also helped us so much. You guys are awesome, and I hope you know how much I appreciate it. I also need to say thank you to my wonderful friends Emma and Jodie. They have helped me when I am in a pinch. Last weekend I only had to work for a few hours, so I just got a babysitter, who called me 45 minutes before I had to be to work and told me she was sick. I went into panic mode, and called my mom crying (everyone has their breaking point right??) not like she could help me. Thankfully these two ladies stepped in to help me. Emma even took my two oldest to the movies.
Now Chad still works Saturday mornings delivering baskets, and then comes home for 30 minutes to eat and shower, and then is gone. He works a few evenings a week, and is at school most of the other times. We don't see each other much, but when we do see dad, we are all very excited. WE love Sundays and are looking forward to Thanksgiving and a break from school.
Things are going great, and I never thought I would say that I am this busy, but man we are busy. Maybe in a couple of years life will slow down a little bit. So here's the question, does anyone want to watch 4 kids this Saturday. I just thought I'd throw it out there now to see if there are any takers.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
THANK YOU!!
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you guys are so insanely busy. remember the good old days when we'd just hang out almost every day in the back while the kids would play? I really hope I'll be able to find more time to help you out. Keep on asking me when you're in a bind and I'll do my best. I'll check with D about the 13th - I might be able to help that day :-)
April, sounds like you are crazy busy...you are amazing though so you will make it work. Understand the job thing, hence or move across the country. Life throws funny loops, huh? Glad to hear you are all well and happy...cute kiddos!
What a cute family! So good to finally see an update from y'all!
April, I wish I lived closer. I would be happy to watch your kiddos. I hopw It all works out for you. Congratulations to Chad on the new job.
Post a Comment