I can't believe that my little man is 5. Time sure does fly by. He is such a wonderful addition to our family. I fully intended to decorate the kitchen the night before, but I was tired, so I figured I would have time in the morning. Not the case. As I was in the shower at 6:30 I hear Owen outside telling me that he has gotten out all of his decorations and was ready to decorate. It was hilarious. So, we decorated the kitchen and started in on his birthday breakfast, pancakes, eggs and a poopy seed muffin (I tried to get rid of the last thing, but he insisted). He also had strawberry syrup and was very happy. After preschool I got to take him to McDonalds with some friends for lunch while Chad watched the younger kids. That evening for dinner he picked ribs (isn'that awesome!), with noodles and beans. We had a great day, and he was thrilled with his present - A Batcave. He has been asking for it since Christmas so I figured it was still wanted. I think Grant was more excited than Owen.
All the kids ready for cake
So thrilled with his gift.
We are so lucky to have Owen in our home. He is such a great addition. He is ready for Kindergarten, and can't wait to begin his next journey. He loves Superheros, blue, and ribs. He is such a great big brother and will help me with Ava or Grant whenever I ask. He can often be found downstairs helping Grant set up a new train track. He loves his dad, and especially loves to wrestle with him. He has decided that showers are much better than baths because they feel good on his back. He loves preschool, and is very smart. There isn't much that gets past him. He enjoys going to church, and is always happy to share what he has learned with me. I know that one day he will be a great missionary. We are so lucky to have him in our family. Happy Birthday Owen!
0 comments:
Post a Comment