Friday, March 2, 2012
Grant's First Day of School
I know it seems strange to be posting about first day's of school in March, but that is when Grant started going to Lincoln. We decided to have him tested back in December to see if he qualified for their Early Intervention Program. After MANY appointments and extra tests, the decided that he qualified for early intervention because of his speech. It was actually a very frustrating process because it wasn't going as fast as I thought it should, and then kept telling me that they wanted to test him to see if he was developmentally delayed. I knew that he wasn't, but there was no way out of the tests, so we went with it. I was happy to hear at his IEP meeting that he wasn't in that category, and qualified just for speech. I think I was more nervous about his first day than he was. He walked right down the hall to his classroom, and let me leave. The testing never went so well when I left the room so I didn't think that school would be a different story. When I picked him up on the first day he was so happy, and couldn't wait to go again. He goes every Wednesday and Friday afternoon. The following week he started riding the bus. They pick him up at our front door and drop him off there as well. It is so nice especially with my crazy schedule and he LOVES riding the bus. I am so happy that he is getting the help he needs, and hopefully more confidence in himself.
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment