Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Owen!




Owen informed me that this birthday was not a "real" birthday.  I only let them have a birthday party every other year and this was his off year, so he decided that it wasn't a real birthday.  He also knew that we weren't having cake and ice cream for a few days.  He couldn't decide what he wanted, and at this age it just keeps changing.  I am pretty sure he would have loved legos, but that will have to happen another time.  His birthday was on a Friday and Chad and I hadn't been together at all to go and buy his gift.  After breakfast my friend Jodie agreed to watch the kids so Chad and I could go shopping.  We all attended Claire's talent show at school, and then headed home.  I had a few errands to run, and Owen wanted to open his gifts but he had to wait for Claire to get home from school.  He was actually waiting outside for me when I got home from the store.  So we gathered everyone together, and gave him his present a helmet.  He was happy with it, but he looked at us and said "Is that it?"  He was a good sport when I told him yes, and told him to try it on.  Meanwhile Chad ran downstairs and got his new bike.  He was very excited!!  That evening Chad took Owen and Grant to the Father's and Son's camp out, and the boys were thrilled.  Owen loved that it was on his birthday.  The boys had a great time, and enjoyed spending the rest of Owen's birthday with his friends and camping.

0 comments: