Monday, July 28, 2008

Island Park

This past weekend we went up to Chad's grandparent's cabin in Island Park on Bill's Island. His family was all there, and we had a lot of fun, food, food, food, and water activities - did I mention food??? I think I gained a few pounds this weekend. The kids had a blast. Claire was brave and took the plunge into the water, but Owen didn't think that was such a good idea. I finally put on the maternity swimsuit, but just enjoyed floating in the tube for a little while. Everyone had a blast with the jet ski they rented, and we were all surprised at how well it could pull people while skiing, knee boarding, or tubing. Hopefully we can do it again next year!
Owen just loves being outside, and had so much fun looking at the water, but never going in!
Chad tried to help Jeanna ski for the first time. She finally got up and did a great job!
It took us all day, but Owen finally went for a ride - with a little force. I think he ended up enjoying it!
Claire got a lot of practice on being a big sister while holding her cousin Brecklyn. She is very excited now for the baby to come and in her prayers she blesses that the baby will get big and come out of mommy's tummy. So cute!!!
Luckily Claire had her Aunt Shanna there to take her swimming. Her other favorite pastime was building sand castles on the beach. She loved the sand, and her and Owen would sit there forever. We had a lot of sand to vacuum up in the cabin though!
Jeanna - the wild woman!!
Kerri and Kate
Owen relaxing by the lake.
This is what everyone felt like at the end of the day, Kate was the only one brave enough to do it!

0 comments: