My friend Debra tagged me, so here goes nothing. Anyone who wants to join in, I would love to hear all about you! This was actually a lot of fun!
1. Where did you and your husband meet? We were actually in the same singles ward for quite awhile, but he was dating another girl. Once his on again, off again romance ended, somehow he ended up driving my roommates and a few guys up to Bogus Basin to go skiing. I guess that was our official introduction though I didn't think I had a chance.
2. The first thing you said to each other? I really can't remember. I remember the night before we went skiing we had a ward Christmas party and the guys called Chad over to give us his opinion on where a girl should sit on a bench seat in a car. He had this funny theory about A (next to the guy), B (in between the guy and the door), and C (next to the door). I'm sure I made some response to that. FYI, you should always sit next to the guy if he opens up the drivers side for you to get in. A little Chad wisdom for you all.
3. Where was your first date? Our first date happened accidentally. I totally liked him, but we had always done things with our friends. So the Olympic Torch was coming through Boise, so I thought I had a bunch of people lined up to go, but it ended up being just him and I. We saw the torch, then he took me to Red Robin (my favorite!). Then the funniest part was that all my roommates were gone, and our garage code would work so Chad had to break into my bedroom window for me. He broke his pocket knife in his nice gesture, but it was funny!
4. When was your first kiss? OK, this is bad, but our first kiss was horrible!!!! Chad took me to the Institutes Valentine's Dance, which turned out to be lame. So we went for a drive and we talked about how he wanted to take it slow, and so I figured we would just take our time. Well, when he pulled up in front of my house, he planted one on me, and I was totally off my guard. I was so scared that he would never come around me again, but I think I made up for it the next time.
5. When were your first "I love yous," said? Chad actually told me he loved me first. I think sometime in March his family came to visit and they stayed at a local hotel. His parents left the room to check on something and we were just talking and waiting for them to come back. Sometime during that conversation he told me he loved me. I can't remember when I said it back, but it wasn't right then. He actually wrote it for the first time on my Valentine's Day Card, which I read over and over again.
6. Long or short engagement? Short. We were engaged in the middle of June and married August 9th. If it were any longer he wouldn't have married me!
7. Where did you get engaged? He actually called and asked me out on a date, so I knew that he had got the ring. He took me to dinner at Jakers in Boise, then he drove to the temple. The funny thing was that the gates were locked so he had to ask me outside on a bench just outside the temple grounds. There were boy scouts coming out of the church, so it was kinda comical, but very sweet.
8. Where were you married? Boise Temple
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went (don't laugh) to Nashville, TN. We weren't sure why we picked that place, but we wanted to go somewhere and Chad just wasn't into the whole beach somewhere thing (I think I have sufficiently changed his mind now). Anyways, we had so much fun and had lots to do (although it was very hot!!!).
10. Where was your first home? I moved into Chad's apartment which I think was on Juniper, and we bought our first home about a year later at 811 W. Dewey in Nampa.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Lovebirds Tag
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yes I did laugh at 'Nashville' -- but I love that. it is awesome! great story & cute pics!
April you look hot in these pictures! :-) The Nashville honeymoon was a crack up, but hey, my attorney political husband took me to DC so I can't talk!
I totally remember that time in your life! So fun to look back and remember those times. I can't believe soon we'll both have 3 kids. I miss Middleton so much.
Post a Comment