Well Tania, you asked, so here goes the whole story of Grant as I will call it. I went in for some testing on Wednesday and they determined that my fluid was low. My midwife did say that it could have been from taking the Castor Oil, but I promise I drank so much when I took that. Anyways, we had already decided that I would be induced on Monday, but then she changed it to that afternoon. I had 2 hours to get everything in order, and be back at the hospital. I just begged her that she wouldn't give me pitosin (spelling??). I went and cried to Chad, checked on the kids at my sisters house, ate something and headed back to the hospital. We had decided that Chad would come after work because there really wasn't anything he could do at the time.
I made it to the hospital and they inserted this little pill, and then she told me she would be back in 4 hours to put in another one. They monitored the baby for awhile, and I just watched T.V. (that was a nice change to not have to watch a Disney movie). The first pill gave me a few contractions, but nothing really, and dilated me another cm (yipee!). Chad came after she put in the second pill, and I made him go for a walk with me. There was a lady next to me making a lot of noise, and it always makes me nervous (I asked the nurse and she even had drugs). We walked around for awhile, and by this time I was having pretty good contractions, so I was hoping she could just come and break my water, and we would get the whole thing over with.
By the time my midwife came back, she determined I was progressing well, and in labor so I didn't need anything else. She wouldn't break my water because the baby was still so high up and she was afraid of hurting him. So, I just got to wait. I progressed pretty quickly. I went from 6 cm to 10 cm in about half an hour. Chad was pretty grateful when it was time to push because I spent a lot of time in the shower and his job was to keep water on me (he was awesome, and without him there I would have never done it with out medicine! He kept encouraging me, and helped me through the whole thing).
Finally it was time to push, and after about 15 minutes Grant was born. No one thought that I would have him that day so I was glad that I could prove them wrong. He wouldn't drop because his face was up instead of down, so he was stuck on a bone. He has a pretty good bruise to prove it. So I probably never would have had him without being induced. Tracy my midwife was awesome and was there the whole time. It was so nice to have someone to support me who didn't just show up to catch the baby. It was a much better experience than my first induction with Claire - that was miserable so I'm glad I had this experience. However I still loved my labor with Owen and only having to be at the hospital 20 minutes before I had him was much better. I was so glad that I only had to stay at the hospital one night - I know the nurses are only doing their job, but they just need to let new moms sleep and not bug you every hour. The pediatrician released Grant right before dinner last night so I got to go home and have a decent meal. I will post more pictures as soon as I have a chance. He is the sweetest baby - he barely cries (no kidding). I woke up last night at 3:00 and went to check on him and he was just laying in his bed awake, but not crying. I finally made him cry today before I would feed him. I know it won't last long, but I am going to enjoy it as long as I can!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Labor
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Chad was cute when you were telling me about labor and he said "she was a ROCK" he sure was proud of his woman. Way to go! I'm very proud of you as well!!!
Congratulations! Good luck with everything and I hope everything keeps going well! :)
I'm so glad everything went well. You ARE a rock! You go woman!!!
congrats! i am so happy for you! good luck adjusting this first little bit!
Post a Comment