Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Grant!

I can hardly believe that my little man is one! But it feels like he has been with us for forever! He is a wonderful addition to our family, and we love having him in our home. We actually didn't do much for his birthday because he is one, and really what will he remember? We invited my sister and Grandma and Grandpa Clayson over for cake tonight, but Claire stayed home from church with a fever, so we just did a small family thing ourselves. Claire and Owen were so excited, that it was a lot of fun. They wrapped his present, and were more than happy to help him unwrap it as well. I made him a cupcake cake in the shape of a one, and in typical Grant fashion, he barely made a mess, and spit out most of what he put into his mouth. I was sad because I really didn't get that picture of him just digging into his cake, but really he didn't do that. I guess I should be grateful that I have less to clean up. After his cake, we all went outside and played for awhile, and enjoyed the cool weather. Happy Birthday Grant!

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

That cupcake cake is SO cute! I love that idea. Happy birthday cute little Grant! I still want to come and steal your hair!!!! :-)

KiLee said...

I can't believe that he's already 1! I also love the cupcake cake - it's a great idea!