Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pink Medicine

Update: Not only did the kids enjoy the pink stuff, but I was given a dose myself, in tablet form. The kids were very excited to see that the pills were indeed pink, and they made mommy feel better. Now we are all healthy, and hopefully sick free till next year!

Last week the beginning of the pink medicine in my fridge started. Claire was the first one to cry with an earache, so off to the quick care we went. She cried the whole time thinking that they were going to put a shot in her ear - who ever told her that? So 2 lovely pink bottles of medicine were placed in my fridge. Next Grant was very grumpy, and since we had a doctors appointment scheduled for yesterday, Chad and I just decided to wait. Well, I should have taken him sooner because when the doctor was checking his ear, he informed me that his ear drum had burst (that makes a mom feel good!). So check, another bottle of the lovely pink medicine enters my fridge. That brings me to today. Owen goes to my sister's house after preschool, and today he apparently just sat on the couch, and didn't play at all. When I got there he started crying and telling me that his ear hurt. So once again off to the quick care, and this time not only do we have an ear infection, but also strep throat. That is a first. So check - 2 more bottles of the pink medicine are in my fridge. Guess what we had for dinner. And to top it all off, Chad and I are sure that we have been given a gift from our children - their colds and sickness. Hopefully it doesn't turn into more, and with all the pink medicine, we will all be better by the weekend. Thankfully the other kids are already medicated that they won't be getting strep throat - now we just have to deal with runny noses, and remembering to give the pink medicine that is so prevelant in our fridge.

3 comments:

Willis Family said...

Oh bummer! We had a sea of pink medicine a few weeks ago! I am so sorry you and your hubby got it, too! The only thing worse than sick kids is having to take care of them when you are sick!

Debra said...

Oh April, I'm sorry!!! I hope you and the kids start feeling better. I wish I was there to take care of you.

Unknown said...

oh, that's stinks! maybe it's better if they all get sick at once? and who knew the ear thing was contagious? hopefully you all feel better soon . . .