Saturday, July 7, 2007

Memaw and Papa Farmer's House

Claire, Owen and I had the chance to go to Grandma and Grandpa Farmer's house for a week. We had so much fun. We missed spending time with Aunt Amber because she had girl's camp all week, except Monday when she got her driving permit - stay off the roads! Owen loved that he could just go outside, and I loved it because I didn't have to worry about him that much. They had new kittens, and Owen would hand me his shoes and say "kitty" over and over again, until I would let him outside. He also loved mom and dad's dog, Tiny. Claire loved playing with her cousins, and jumping on Grandma's trampoline. I helped mom clean up after she got her new counter tops and sink in. We didn't have water in the kitchen all week - until the plumber could come. But, her kitchen is beautiful - I'm jealous! We spent a few mornings picking raspberries and discovered that Owen loves raspberries. I couldn't pick them fast enough to keep him satisfied. Claire would pick them and put them in her special bucket - she was a big help. We had a great time, and can't wait to see them all again.

Owen with Tiny
Claire and Grandpa roasting hot dogs.

Owen eating his first marshmallow. He put the whole thing in his mouth. He also discovered root beer that night (notice the big wet spot on his shirt), he would hand anyone with root beer his cup and get some of his own.


Dad, Amber, Mom and Roy

Owen and Parker (Roy's youngest)


Claire and Brittany (Roy's second youngest)

Grandma and Grandpa just got new chicks. They kids loved them. Claire would chase them around until she got one she could hold. We had to watch and make sure she wouldn't squeeze them to hard.

Owen and grandma on her new toy - her riding lawnmower.

Grandpa took Owen on a 4-wheeler ride and he was asleep by the time they got back.

Thanks for the fun Grandma and Grandpa!

0 comments: