Well, with baby number 3 on the way, we decided that it is time to get Owen used to a bed. I did not want to give up the crib for him. He has been a hard kid for us to get to sleep so I was very worried about taking away the one thing that keeps him in bed - bars. We tried to make it as fun as possible when we brought his bed in. Everyone was involved, and Claire was so excited for him. Then he helped me make the bed, clean his room, and we were ready for day one. Lets just say that day one went ok, but days 2-4 weren't so hot. I love my time after the kids go to bed, and I didn't get that because Owen wouldn't go to bed or take a nap. UGHH.. On the 3rd day I brought up the portable crib, and set it up. He ended up hating it, but taking a nap in it anyways. Finally, Chad was home for bed time, and with his magic touch, Owen now loves his bed. Chad says that he hates to think that he learned anything from the Super Nanny, but we just have to sit in his room for about 2 minutes by the door, and he is fine. It is so great. He is getting so big, and hopefully will be ready for the move into Claire's room and bunk beds by the time the baby comes. I'm still struggling with putting a boy in a purple room, but it is temporary. Thanks again George and Debra for letting us borrow your toddler bed - your great!
Owen was so excited when Chad brought the bed into his room.
Ready for bed!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Big Boy Bed
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh...Owen couldn't be any cuter! What a flippin cute kid! Hope he's still enjoying his bed, and that you are getting much needed sleep!
I'm glad that Owen is staying in his bed now. Bryson will have to come over and check out his old bed in Owen's room and see what he thinks.
Post a Comment