Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tree Day!

I can honesty say that I have never like the front of my house - can we say 70's. They really liked big pine trees back them and I don't really like them at all. So, since the government is being so nice and sending us a economic stimulus check soon, we decided it is time to redo the front yard. So the day officially known as tree day in our house was yesterday. It might be a male thing, but I have never seen so many men as excited as they were yesterday. Chad and our neighbor across the street Darik were going to take down this tree. Well word got around at church, so Darik (the Elders Quorum President), made it a service project. It was so nice to have so much help, but very hard for Chad to accept. We had enough pick-ups that everyone only had to take one load to the dump. I am so happy that the tree is gone. Next thing is to get rid of the stump, kill the grass, fix the sprinklers, make flower beds, and plant things that are from this century, oh yah and get rid of the green carpet - nice huh! (Sorry for all you pine tree lovers, but I think they are great for Christmas!) Now if I could only get new siding and a new rock wall - one day!
Before
Cutting the tree - we were across the streets at our friends house, so the pictures are kinda far away, but we weren't about to stay in the house during this project.
At last - I have wanted this tree gone since we moved in!
The remains
Dave and Owen on the stump
Let the work begin!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

hey! you are so good at picking out things and doing them. your house will look great! i am very excited for you!

KiLee said...

I am totally against big pine trees - they can blow over and break somebody's leg!! Way to go on making your yard safer! :)

Debra said...

Dave looks cute with Owen. He needs a boy! Thanks for letting us come over and watch and for the yummy lunch.

kim said...

Looks great! You are so ambitious! How do you get so much energy during pregnancy?

Clark Family said...

Yeah, I want to know where your energy comes from, too! You'll have to a before and after shot of your house. I'm sure you will make it look so great!

CA Clayson Fam said...

OK, I didn't actually cut the tree down, or do anything but make lunch for all the guys that helped. Although, I'm sure my share of work will come when we put in the new yard. So, don't think I have that much energy!