Saturday, December 20, 2008

Owen's Fight with a Coffee table

I just have one thing to say - the coffee table won, and Owen lost getting 3 stitches in his lip. Yes, it was our first of many (I'm sure) trips to the emergency room. I had to work at the Holt and Chad was going to the basketball game with his dad and a few brothers, so we asked our friend Jolie to watch the kids for a few hours. They had a great time. They went and looked at Christmas lights, had ice cream and played. That is until Owen fell and hit his face on the table. It was bound to happen. He runs everyone and falls all the time. He was so good. He walked into the house where I was waiting, and just acted normal except for the ring of blood around his mouth. He didn't even cry at the hospital until they gave him a shot.

The doctors gave him a shot of something to make it so he would relax and not remember anything. Once they gave him the shot he started to get this strange look in his eyes, and then it was like he was all gone (at this point I started crying and had to leave the room. I have never felt like my legs were going to come out from under me until that point). Anyways, they stitched him up and then we had to wait for him to wake up - one problem it was already 9:00 - way past his bedtime. So finally at 11:30 we had roused him enough that they let us go home. He is doing fine, and only complained once when he realized there was something in his lip. He is one tough kid!!
You can't really see his lip because it is more on the inside of his mouth. He got the stickers from the nurse at the hospital and insisted on wearing them to church the next day.

1 comments:

Willis Family said...

Poor guy! It sounds like he was tough!