Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

We headed to my parents for Thanksgiving this year. We ended up bringing our niece Lilly with us since my sister found out on the day we were leaving that she had to be put on bedrest and couldn't travel. We enjoyed having Lilly with us, and were just so grateful that she slept so well.

We were at my parents house for 3 days. We managed to cut down a Christmas tree. My mom laughed because we bundled the kids up in their snow clothes and headed out on the 4-wheelers (there was no snow in sight!!). But, it was cold, and we were so glad that they were bundled up. We found the perfect tree, and headed back home. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures. I took some with my mom's camera, so I should get some posted soon.

Thanksgiving was great. My Aunt Karen, Uncle Jim, Grandma and Grandpa Bock, my brother Roy and his family, J.R., and Amber were all there. We enjoyed each others company and had a great time. The kids loved playing with their cousins, and Owen was overjoyed to find out that his cousins own a GeoTrac (his ultimate all time favorite toy, and he doesn't even have one). He seriously played with that thing all the time!!

We were so grateful for the wonderful food, and many blessings we have, and are looking forward to the holiday season.

0 comments: