Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Cake

I jokingly told everyone that I was going to blog just about Claire's cake, so here it is. There is a story behind this cake, so here goes: We were walking in Fred Meyer seriously a year ago, when Claire spotted the cake book. It was opened to the princess castle cake. She was so thrilled to see it that I told her maybe she could have it for her next birthday. The girl doesn't forget! She told everyone what kind of cake she was going to have. Well, I went to look at it again a couple weeks ago, and the dang thing was $40.00. Now I'm not cheap when it comes to some things, but a cake for $40.00! Seriously! Chad and I discussed it, and we just decided to get it for her because she had told everyone all about it, and we didn't want to break her heart. So, yes I got her a $40.00 cake, and no, she won't ever get one again (I mean Costco is down the road and they have great cakes for $15.00). So, here are the pictures of the special cake - I sure hope Claire enjoyed it (I'm pretty sure she did!).
The box that it came in - it just made me laugh!
The good news is that I now have all the stuff for anyone else to ever make their own castle cake. If you want to borrow it, there is only a small fee. :-)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

so I'm signing up now to rent your cake decorations in june! it was really awesome, and maybe you will break even on your purchase??!