Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Princess Party

Claire literally had 5 days of birthday celebrations. It started with preschool. On Friday she had her first official birthday party. It was so much fun. My friend Kristine took a ton of great pictures - I wish I could share them all. We asked all the girls to come dressed as princesses. They made crowns, played a Cinderella game, musical chairs, had a pinata, and then of course cake and ice cream. Everyone had a lot of fun. I have to say that I am so grateful that I have the preschool now because it makes a great party room as well. Good thing because my house was so messy!
My mom sent Claire a new princess dress that I let her open right before the party. She was so excited to have a new Cinderella dress. It fits great mom!
Owen wore his prince outfit for like 10 seconds. I gave these to all the boys - they were so easy I made them out of pillowcases I found on clearance.
The girls all got goodie bags filled with necklaces, rings and bracelets, so I gave the boys swords. Not the smartest idea giving 3-5 year olds swords, but I think they had fun with them.
Making their Prince/Princess crowns.
I didn't tell Claire that her friends might be bringing her presents. She was thrilled that she got some. She got lots of princess things, a Barbie, and her favorite was a tea set in a picnic basket from Heather and Lilly.
All the Prince and Princesses at the party.

0 comments: