Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spiderman

A couple of weeks ago, my father-in-law helped us out and watched Claire and Owen while Chad and I went to the temple. My mother-in-law was out of town so Chad's brother and his wife took Grant. As we were leaving my father-in-law tells me that their tape player is broken, and they don't have very many kid DVD's, so I run out to the car, and grab our DVD's and hand them to him. I guess I didn't communicate very well that they couldn't watch every movie in there, but it's not like we had bad movies. So, he proceeds to name them all of to them, and they pick Spiderman. Yes the one with Kristen Dunst. They thought it was great, and they now think Grandpa is the greatest person on earth! Anyways, we pick them up and Claire is telling me all about the green guy, and how Spiderman gets bit by a spider, and I'm thinking - great! For the next 2 weeks I hear, "can we watch Spiderman?" Claire even went so far to climb on a chair and find the original copy on the very top of the bookcase. So, now I'm the mean mom who tells them no, and Grandpa is cool. But Owen did tell his Grandpa that they couldn't watch it again because mom said it was to scary. At least someone listens to me!

4 comments:

Willis Family said...

Steph saw like 5 minutes of Jurasic Park(accidentally) the other day, and is still talking about it! I like the post about girls v.s. boys! I wouldn't know cause I have two dramatic girls!!

Clark Family said...

Nice. Don't you love grandparents? My dad lets my kids do whatever they want, too. I'm the bad guy!

Cali and Travis said...

Nice! Isn't it great when they start to figure out that they can outmaneuver you by going to the grandparents. Wow. Fun though.

Jeanna said...

This story makes me laugh because we weren't allowed to watch anything rated above PG in my parent's house. I don't think I watched a PG-13 movie until I was in college. My dad has gotten soft.