Sunday, June 7, 2009

We're Still Here!!

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here. I have misplaced my camera, but it is found, just not at my house. I should get it by next week, so hopefully I will have some new stuff to blog about. Hope everyone is doing well - we are great. This week has been a challenge. I started potty training Owen, and after a rough start, he is doing great. He still has a few accidents, but we are getting the hang of things. In amongst the tons of extra laundry that goes with potty training, I have been dealing with Grant who is teething. He has been my hardest teether up to this point. He got sick with a double ear infection, and that second bottom tooth just won't come through. I even got a visit from a neighbor, who is a little crazy, who thought he was crying to long (apparently she was working in her yard, and I'm sure she thought I was neglecting him or something - reason number 5 why I can't wait for my air conditioner - closed windows!) I think he is finally getting over the congestion and throwing up all the time, and hopefully that tooth will pop through soon!

Grant has also decided that it is time to sit. He loves to sit now, and will just laugh and play for forever. I even got him to watch a Baby Einstein this morning while sitting on our bed while I got ready for church. It was so nice!! He loves to sit in front of the mirror and laugh at himself. The kids think it is great, but they still have to be very careful around him because he is still a little unstable. He still doesn't care to roll over, but as long as he sits I don't mind.

This week was also the start of the free lunches at the park. I love it!! I clean the kitchen up after breakfast, and don't have to clean it again until dinner time. It is wonderful. The kids love it too, and ask me every day if we are going. It is a nice break from the house, and keeps my grocery bill low for the summer.

The other big thing that happened this week is that Chad is no longer going on the Trek with me. I am so sad!! He had the time off, but with the economy and lack of guys that work in his store, he can't get the time off. So now I think I will be leading a handcart as a single mom with 6 kids. I think I can handle it. I just think it is going to be raining the whole time, but hey it will be good for us.

Chad and I are still playing softball, and I think we found our groove this week. I am seriously not that great, but Chad is good, and I am glad that he is having a great time. Hopefully our team will win a game soon!

That is what has been happening at our house, along with Young Women's, rain, and watching our garden grow we are keeping busy! Hopefully I will get some pictures up soon!

2 comments:

Willis Family said...

I am watching a couple of my brothers kids while he goes to martin's cove...is that the trek you were talking about? We will have to join you for the free lunch thing!

CA Clayson Fam said...

Are you watching them this week? That is the trek we are going on. We need to get together, for lunch - I'm looking forward to Thursday!