Monday, May 19, 2008

Common question

So, the most common question I am asked lately is "What are you having?" I promptly reply a baby and move on, but people don't think that is a very good answer. The truth is that we decided to have a surprise baby - some days I think we are crazy. I figured that I have a boy and a girl, so therefore I have enough newborn jammies to last until I might need to go shopping, and there really aren't many surprises when you have baby number 3 except maybe the fact that there are more pains - fun!! I am really excited for the baby to come and the doctor to tell me what it is, and then get to pick out a name for it instead of having one all ready. I am excited for Claire and Owen to meet their new sibling because they both want something different depending on the day, and I am so excited that my kids already love this baby. My tummy gets frequent kisses and extra loves (although we are working on not jumping on mommy's tummy!). So there you have it - many people call me crazy, but I'm excited to have a little surprise after 9 months. Oh yah - what do you think of the name Quinn?? I love it for a boy but Chad says no, he thinks it is cowboyish, but I'm going for cute yet long lasting - help me out.

8 comments:

Clark Family said...

I'm with you on that question. It drives me nuts. You should see the stares I get when I say "2 girls". Then the questions really start. I want to get a shirt that has all my info on it like "I'm due in August...etc. etc." People are just so nosy.

I like the name Quinn!!! Very cute and "long lasting". :-)

Clark Family said...

Why does Chad care if it sounds like a cowboy name? Isn't he a cowboy himself????

Debra said...

I think people just try to make converstation. But they don't realize we get asked it over and over and over!!! I'm getting "oh I didn't know you were pregnant" and I want to say "yeah neither did I"

Quinn doesn't sound cowboyish to me.

kim said...

Good call, Tania! Chad not wanting a cowboy name?!?!? I love the name Quinn! I even think it is cute for a girl! I am excited for you to find out what this baby is, and think it is so cool you are waiting. I wish I would have waited to find out on a couple of mine! I was so sick of going to church at the end because it's all anyone could talk about...the worst questions, "How much longer?" and "How are you feeling?" DUH! I hope you are feeling well! Call me if you wanna meet at the toddler gym...I don't know the name of it, and will have to find out where it is from my sister, but it is every Friday from 10-12, and is $5 a kid. Once I go, I'll get you the info. Let me know if you want to meet us there...I think we will go a lot this summer cause it will be so flippin hot outside! Take care!

Unknown said...

i like quinn, my fave YW leader's 1st boy was quinn. and he was not a cowboy :-)

CA Clayson Fam said...

Thanks for all your help - I will show it to Chad! :-) Kim, I would love to meet up sometime. Just let me know how it is, and we will be happy to come on a very hot Friday!

Cali and Travis said...

One of my very best friends has a boy named Quinn and he's a little lady killer. I think it's cute.

KiLee said...

I think it's a cute name, but I've only heard it for a girl! I think it could work either way, but it's definitely not a cowboy name!