Sunday, May 4, 2008

Grandpa, Sun, Snow and Cousins

We have had a busy week, and I just wanted to make sure that we remember it. We were so lucky to have a visit from Grandpa Farmer on Monday and Tuesday. He was doing business in Salt Lake and had a few days off. It is so great for the kids to see him, and they love for him to come because he brings them bribes (M&M's - my kids will do just about anything for one of those). So after grandpa sugars them up, he is covered with kisses and hugs just so they can get some more. On Monday night for FHE we went to the park and had a picnic and played on the toys. Tuesday Grandpa worked all day with Aunt Heather, but we were all together for a BBQ at Heather's house (thanks for the ribs dad - they were yummy!!). Claire was so happy that he was here that she didn't want to go to her friends house while I taught preschool so she waited for him to get off his conference call so she could go with him. It was so cute. We never got any pictures because once I remembered to take any, the kids were grumpy - next time!

We had great weather on Monday and Tuesday, then came the snow - I think everyone knows how I feel about that.

Friday we headed to the library, where the kids have so much fun. I had a tons of books to look at for preschool, but they just played and were so good. Afterwards we went for chicken and french fries at Artic Circle (their favorite place because of the toys). We played for awhile, and then went home for naps.

Saturday was a busy day. Our stake has some wheat available to them, so we went and got about 200 pounds of wheat. Then Chad and Owen went to the dump to get rid of some other trees that we cut down (Chad told me today that maybe it is so cold because we keep cutting trees down, but we are done now so it can't be blamed on me).

After that we headed to Firth. All the sister-in-laws had a plan to go to Olive Garden for lunch, and all the kids got to play. We had lunch, and then did a little shopping. I picked up a great kitchen for the preschool at DI. I just need to clean it up. Then I got a new portable DVD player for our upcoming trip to White Bird. Unfortunately one of the screens doesn't work, and we don't have a Target here so I guess I will have to make another trip to Idaho Falls.

That night we had a BBQ with everyone and played forever. It was so great to see everyone and have Stacey, Chad and their kids there. I of course forgot my camera (I need to work on that). The kids were very grumpy today because of no naps yesterday and not getting to bed until 10:00.

Today was so beautiful that we played outside for 2 hours with the kids. They rode their bikes, swung, and dug in the sand box that is not quite completed. We are all ready for a rest from our weekend adventures.

1 comments:

Clark Family said...

What a fun filled weekend! You gotta remember your camera!!!