Let me start off by saying that my kids are still coming down from their sugar high. My dad has a sucker jar, and in order to get a sucker the kids have to give him a hug and a kiss. Lets just say that I had to put a stop to the sucker jar. He was giving the suckers after breakfast, before nap or bed. He was finally only allowed to give them one in the afternoon, but that was hard for him. On Saturday when we left, they each left with one - go figure!!!
We had a great time visiting my mom. I didn't realize how tired I was until I got there, and had a nap every day. It was so nice to have someone to watch the kids so I could do that. I have been having a ton of braxton hicks contractions, but once I slowed down a bit they stopped. We didn't really do a lot, which was great. We did go to Lewiston one day so mom could get her carpel tunnel surgery done. She can't lift anything now, and has trouble doing basic things, so I was glad that I could be there and help. We always have so much fun when we are together.
Amber is still in school, and with all her extracurricular activities, we hardly saw her, but she is excited to be the Junior class president next year, and I know she will do a great job!
Claire had a blast playing with her cousin Brittany. She even managed to get up enough courage to walk to Brittany's house - it isn't that far. Brittany also had her 5th birthday party while we were there, and Claire had a great time. They had a manicure party, so Claire has some beautiful bright blue nails right now.
Owen just loved being there, and had a great time. He missed his dad (who went home with Uncle Aaron on Monday so they could go back to work), but loved talking to him each night.
We all had a great time, but as they say "there is no place like home." On Saturday it was time to head back home, and endure the long ride. We brought back Heather and Lilly, so with 3 kids (even with 2), we had to stop quite a few times, but we made it. I can honestly say that I never want to watch, or hear another Dora movie, ever!! The kids were excited to see their dad, and now we are trying to get things back in order. Thanks for the great time mom and dad, we can't wait to visit you again! My cousins are all grown up and apparently that had a million ponies when they were younger. My grandma found them and sent them up to my mom. She gave half to Brittany and saved the other half for Claire. She was so happy to get them, and she carried them everywhere. The first day she took them to Brittany's and they played with them for hours.
Owen quickly decided that he now likes 4-wheelers, and would request a ride first thing in the morning on our last few days. He didn't really take the answer no very well. Thankfully my dad, Amber and a few others stepped in to give him some rides. I think he could have rode a 4-wheeler all day long!
For Owen's birthday, his grandpa and grandma gave his this bubble gun. I had to limit the number of times he could refill it in a day (thanks for the extra bubble mom - good idea!). He also got a new lightning McQueen hat, which he wore everywhere and Lightning McQeen jammies which he requested every night.
Claire learned all about Twister, and loved playing it. She didn't quite understand the left, right, hand, leg thing, but she understood the color concept and would just move from color to color. It didn't matter, she had fun!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Playing at Grandma's
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
looks like you had a great time! you deserve it!
Post a Comment