Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lost and Found


This might sound like a funny story, but at the time, it was not!!! This is our 1994 Chevy Pickup. This thing has been through a lot, but it is all ours, and we really do love it. Her name is Gretel (men always call their toys girls, so I gave it a girl name). Anyways, Gretel had a bit of a run in yesterday that we will never forget. Here is what happened:
Trevor and Shanna came down to help us cut up the wood that we got while camping. They brought their new to them, but very old pickup that they inherited from Grandpa Clayson. It decided to break down, so we told them to take our pickup home. They forgot their car keys in their pickup so Shanna had to drive Gretel to work - no big deal. The only problem was that she couldn't figure out how to get the key out, and Trevor wasn't answering his phone, so she left them in the pickup and went to work. She came back out a half an hour later, and Gretel was gone!! Now when you have that old of a pickup, you only carry liability on the thing, which is what we did, so we were really worried about that, but the good thing is it was found around 2:00 yesterday by a state trooper on the Indian reservation. The guys who took it was actually pulled over for speeding, but got arrested for stealing a car. Thankfully he left us two cases of beer and some cigarettes so we could celebrate Gretels return. I felt so bad for Trevor and Shanna all day because I knew they had to be stressing out! We are all just so grateful that it was found, and it doesn't seem to have any major damage. Who would want to steal a pickup (loaded with wood), that gets about 12 miles per gallon? I guess now we know.

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

Oh my word!!!! That is a crazy story! Poor Shan, I can just imagine how much she was freaking out. I'm glad they found it....stupid, stealing people!

kim said...

Oh, my! What a funny story...although, not funny at the time, I am sure. Great story! Glad you got Greta back in one piece!

kim said...

Oops...I mean Gretel...

Clark Family said...

That is crazy!!! I'm glad you found it!

Debra said...

That is so funny!! Now that you got it back. I'm sure Chad was pretty sad for a while.

Cali and Travis said...

I shouldn't laugh, but since it turned out okay, that was really funny to me.