Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Past Two Weeks

Well, I haven't blogged in awhile, and I do have a very good reason for that. It is hard to do with one hand!!! Grant has finally decided that his bouncy chair isn't horrible, so he is currently allowing me a few moments of blogging. I also have a crazy life. I have taken on a few little part time gigs for some extra money so along with preschool I tutor two kids two days a week for an hour each, and I work at the Holt Arena selling tickets to events (that is a fun job, and I only work a few nights a week, usually weekends so Chad can stay with the kids). It is a nice break to get away, and has been very good for Chad to take care of 3 kids.

Along with all of my activities, I got sick - I mean lay in bed and let the kids do whatever they want sick. Last week I had some type of flu for about three days. I felt great all weekend, then Sunday night as I'm in the babies room feeding Grant I see Owen headed to our room and hear him throwing up. Chad is still asleep so I have to yell at him to wake him up. Owen ends up sleeping on our floor and the next day I washed blankets and bedding all day!!!! Thank goodness it is only about a 12 hour stomach bug, but do you know how hard it is to convince a two year old to throw up in a bowl??

Next Chad gets this lovely flu, then yesterday was my turn. Claire has yet to get it so I hope it passes her by. So basically we have all been surviving, and hopefully with Halloween coming up and Grant's blessing we will all be over everything, and feel great next week! (I have decided that the flu shot didn't work this year since I've been sick two times since I got it!!!) Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Willis Family said...

I am sorry you have been sick. It's hard enough taking care of a new sweet baby without being sick! Let me know if you need anything!

Shannon said...

So sorry you have been sick. You always amaze me at how much you can take on and still be a good mom! You are awesome!

Unknown said...

yeah I think i'm crazy for doing as much as I do - and then you constantly have to beat me to the punch. hopefully your sicknesses are done for the year!