Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PEACHES!!!


Can I say that I am sick of peaches!!! Our peach tree had a ton of peaches on it this year, but they weren't turning, and weren't growing. Usually they are ready by the end of August, but last week we finally decided that they were ready. I wanted to get them off before it got to cold. So with lots of help from the kids (they loved picking peaches!), and Chad on that ladder, we picked the tree clean (or as much as we could). On Monday I started canning. I canned 42 quarts of peaches, and then I started puting them in bags to freeze. I ended up freezing 60 cups of peaches too. I'm not sure that I even want to eat them after all that work. Thanks Debra for taking the kids for a few hours - it really helped!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

holy moses - that's a TON of peaches. good job!

kim said...

Holy crap! I'd think you'd be so sick of peaches after canning all of those! They look really good, though! Way to go!