This year we spent the 4th of July with Chad's family. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I will have to post pictures from my sister-in-law later. We started our reunion on Friday night when we all got together and slept in tents outside. I opted to sleep inside with Ava in a bed. I was super tired, so I went to bed while they were all watching Up outside on the big screen. The kids stayed up super late, but were having so much fun with their cousins.
The next morning I woke up late - I slept good. Apparently everyone outside did not sleep so well. There was a serious wind storm that lasted almost 2 hours keeping all the adults up, but the kids slept right through it. Chad also realized that he wasn't so young anymore when he woke up and could barely move. I think we are getting old. I was just very grateful for Ava and allowing me to get a good nights sleep.
The next day we had activities for the kids, and the guys went golfing. The kids had a lot of fun playing in the water (once it was warm enough), and being outside. We had a hot dog roast in the evening and then we went home before the fireworks show since we wanted to get the kids in bed early for church the next day. Plus we were able to watch the fireworks the next night. We had a fun day, and always look forward to spending time with family and especially our cousins.
Monday, July 5, 2010
4th of July
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment