Sunday, July 25, 2010

We are . . .

We have had a crazy life this summer. Chad was keeping very busy with his two classes, and working full time. We didn't see him until Friday morning, but were so glad that he didn't have anything to do on the weekends. The last 2 weeks of school, were very stressful, and Chad decided that he really didn't like his job. I honestly couldn't blame him because it was a job I could never do. We decided that he should quit his job, and try to find something else once school was over. Well, it turned out that my dad needed some help at his house since he is gone all the time and never has time to get anything done. My mom has a very long to-do list. So the day after Chad took his last final we packed up the car and went on a very long vacation. We are now spending 5 weeks at my parents. Chad is keeping very busy and is going to be putting in my parents sprinkler system in the next few weeks. It has been so great for the kids. They spend most of their day outside and come inside sooo dirty. They are having fun playing with their cousins, and helping their dad work. We have spent some time at the beach on the Salmon River, and have exhausted our children. They are loving their freedom as much as I am. I have been busy helping my sister-in-law paint their new addition to their house. Last week I finished painting Brittany's room only to find out that later in the day Parker and Orrin decided that they wanted to paint it themselves. Yes they took the paint can opener, and opened two cans of paint, mixed them together and painted a new color on the wall. I had already mixed paint to help tone down the accent wall, so it was not an easy thing to fix. I don't think they will be painint anymore. Next week we will finish the bathrooms, family room and the last bedroom. We have all been keeping very busy, but are loving our time here with Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Amber.

0 comments: