I know that it can't just be me, but when I am pregnant I get these urgent feelings that I need to get things done. With Owen it wasn't to bad because we were remodeling the bedrooms and working on the kitchen at the time. I remember the day I went into labor with him I picked up our new kitchen floor, and fully expected Chad to get it in before the baby came (lets just say that didn't happen!). This time I have decided that we need to get our cabinets repainted. Let me explain: The people who owned the house before us tried their best to fix a few things but well, they didn't do a good job. They actually painted the cabinets white without taking them down therefore they painted over contact paper, hinges (you get the picture). Well, I have never really been able to clean them because the paint was cheap and the job was less than steller. It has really bothered me lately, so I went to the store, bought some paint stripper and started my job. I'm sure Chad just loves that because he gets dragged into them somehow.
So, now we have to get these cabinets done because I have no cabinet doors, 2 drawers left, and some very ugly wood showing underneath the paint (I know why they attempted to paint them). Our goal is to paint them this weekend, and hopefully get the new hardware on them so I can get the kitchen all cleaned and organized before the baby comes. Yes, I am crazy, but at least in my craziness I get something productive done!! Phase one - stripping off all the nasty paint.
Phase two requires a lot of sanding which has become Chad's job.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Cabinets Phase One and Two
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment