Friday, August 29, 2008

School Days


I'm sure I am talking from a past teacher's perspective, but this time of year makes me miss being a teacher (in a real school). I miss going back to work and seeing all my colleagues and talking about our summer. I miss setting up my classroom, and putting up new names of all the students I will have. I even miss lesson plans because I knew what I will accomplish each week. Even on a rare occasion I miss those district wide meetings where the superintendent babbles on forever, but you have a great time because you get to see all the people from the district that you know (and of course eat the fabulous food provided by the district lunch ladies). Yes, it might sound crazy to all of you, but I miss all of these things, even with preschool starting, it isn't the same. I only have myself to discuss ideas with (Chad isn't very helpful), and I get to be the teacher, principal and administrator all in one (not always so bad!). So, to all you parents sending your kids off to school (I can't wait!), just know that most teachers are happy to be there, at least for the first few weeks until the personalities in their classroom shine through!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i miss it too. i totally know what you mean. you definetly made school sooooooooooooo much better for me. i don't know what i would have done without you my first year!!! i just copied your lesson plans and tried to learn all the toher stuff i had to learn.

are you teaching preschool? if so how? all i can say is you are amazing.

CA Clayson Fam said...

I am still doing preschool, but it really isn't that bad. I will have my sister do it a few times when the baby comes, but if my mom is here, I will just go down and do it while she takes care of the baby. It is only a couple hours a day, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus, the money is a perk, and I love the kids that I have this year because I had most of them last year!