Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ward Party

On Saturday our ward had a water skiing party. Chad was so excited to go because he just loves water skiing. I wasn't so thrilled about the idea, but I went anyways. I brought a chair and sat under the awning reading my book. It was actually a nice afternoon because the kids had lots of their friends to play with. They had a blast and I finished my book (no thanks to our friend Dave who kept bugging me. It took me 2 hours to read 50 pages because he wouldn't leave me alone!!) Everyone was ready for a nice long bath and nap by the time we went home.
Claire was in sandcastle heaven!! She loves to play in the dirt especially when it sticks together so well. She even got brave enough to go into the water by the end of the afternoon.
Owen preferred playing in the dirt and making sand castles. I had asked them if they wanted to ride in the boat before we left, and Claire was all for it, but Owen told me that he just wanted to watch daddy. He meant it because he would not get into that boat.
Claire with her friend Cosette
Claire absolutely loved riding in the boat. She tells everyone about her ride and wearing a life jacket. She wasn't brave enough to go on the tube with her dad, but someday she will. The funniest part is that yesterday while I was getting her dressed there was a car driving by the house that was loud and she ran to the window and told me that the boat was here. I tried to explain to her that it needed water, but I don't think she cared that much about my explanation!
Chad was the designated tube rider. He would ride the tube with a few kids whose parents didn't want to go out. I don't think he minded much!

0 comments: