Monday, August 25, 2008

Last Big Fling of the Summer

Last Saturday, we headed down to Chad's parents house to visit his sister Stacey and have a family BBQ. It was so nice to see everyone and especially for the kids to all get to play together. They are always so tired when we leave. Since the weather was nice I think they might have been inside for an hour max all day. We left right after breakfast so Stacy could do my hair (thank you Stacey, I feel much better!!!). Then after lunch Chad and I left the kids with his mom and dad and went to the temple for a session. I figure there isn't much time with the baby coming to get another one in, and who knows how long it will be till we go again. Then I dragged Chad all around IF looking for a new baby carseat. Apparently I am very picky because I didn't find one I liked unless it had a stroller attached and I don't need another stroller, so I am still looking.

We went back to his parents house and just hung out with everyone and had a good time. We had a BBQ/hot dog roast outside, and as always had a ton of food. Before we left we gave the kids baths (they were so dirty!!), and then headed home. It was a fun day, and as always great to see everyone!
I'm not sure why, but they decided to have a saltine eating contest. I think you have to eat 6 saltines in a minute. Here is Chad and Brad giving it a try.
Morgan, Annie, Claire, Kate, Colton, and Owen waiting for dinner. The babies, Brecklyn and McKell were inside resting.
Owen getting a little help from his dad so that he could have an edible hot dog.
The kids were ready to eat, and loved that grandma brought their favorite table outside for them.
Owen being the boy that he is, loves to hit things. He absolutely loves to play crocquet and couldn't wait to hit any ball.
Claire and Colton watching an intense game of volleyball

0 comments: