Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick Again!

Last week was another one of those weeks where you wish you could just hide for a few hours. It started on Tuesday when I picked up Grant from my sisters house and he had a high fever. She said he had been fine all day, but after his nap, he wasn't to happy. We kept him on a regiment of Tylenol and Motrin to try and keep the fever down, hoping it was just the flu and he would be better in a couple of days. Well, even with the medicine, when he got up from his nap on Wednesday his fever was over 106. I thought it must be wrong, so I took it again, this time it was just a little under 106. So, I called the doctor, and off to quick care we went - again! Once I got him there his fever had dropped since I had given him more Tylenol, but he was so lathartic, and just slept off and on on my shoulder. The doctor came in, and I suspected another ear infection, but it wasn't that. He checked his throat, and said it looked red, but kids under 2 usually never get strep, so he kinda ruled that out. Once he couldn't find anything wrong, he left, but popped his head in a few minutes later and told me he wanted to do a strep test just in case. Well, my child is one of the few that gets strep throat under the age of 2. This time we got another antibiotic (still pink), and went home.

He had a terrible day on Thursday, but luckily Chad still isn't that busy at work that he could come home while I started my second preschool class, and take care of Grant until he went down for his nap. When he got up from his nap he just cried and cried for over an hour - I thought I was going to go crazy! I finally got him back to sleep. After dinner I had to take a time out, so I took the other kids to Costco with me for a little break. I was just hoping that by Friday he would feel better or my trip to Utah would be canceled. This was the no kids, shopping/hair trip, so I was sad because I really needed my hair done. Luckily by Friday morning he was just whinny so when my babysitter came he was asleep and she said he was great all afternoon. I was so happy to get away for just one night. I am so grateful that everyone is feeling well again, and here's hoping that warm weather will come our way so we can kill all these germs!

3 comments:

Willis Family said...

I am so sorry he has been sick! But, I am glad that you got to go on your trip!

Cali and Travis said...

Sorry to hear that. Sick kids are definitely no fun. But hooray for a quick trip away! I know how badly those few hours of not being just "mommy" can mean.

Heather S said...

That is crazy because Bridger (10 mo) had strep too. There must be some super Strep going around. I so sorry that Grant got it.