We spent our Spring Break visiting Grandma and Grandpa Farmer. I figured this might be our last trip for awhile with the baby coming. I'm not sure that I want to make the trip alone with 4 children, but I might change my mind this summer. The kids were so excited to get there. We left on Friday and stayed the night at our friends the Turgooses house. The next day I was going to meet my parents in Nampa to go and see Amber's all-state choir concert. As I was getting everything pulled together, my mom called and informed me that they had hit a turkey on the way down and had broken their windshield, so they weren't going to make it. Let me tell you the thought of going by myself with 3 kids just didn't sound appealing, but I had no choice. Someone had to bring Amber home. So, off we went, and with a few bribes, the kids were actually quite good. The best part was that I accidentally spilled Grant's M&M's all over the floor, and since we were sitting in the very back, and it was a concert hall with a sloped floor, well the M&M's went sliding down. I'm sure the school just loved me a ton!
We finally made it to Grandma and Grandpa's and were glad to see that they had recovered from the turkey incident. The kids had a great time all week playing with their cousins, playing outside, and of course going on our 3 or 4 four wheeler rides a day. I have never been so grateful for my dad's Big Red, which is a four wheeler, but really more like a golf cart. I don't think my body could have handled that many 4-wheeler rides a day! Grant absolutely loved being outside and seeing the cows, chickens, horses, and anything else he could find. I would often find him looking out the front widow at some animal.Claire and Owen loved playing with their cousins, and being outside. I wish we lived in a place where they could just be outside all the time! All the kids were great, and I couldn't have asked for a better trip. Plus to top it all off, my mom surprised me with a much needed pedicure because it is very hard for me to reach my own toes! Thanks for the fun time Grandma and Grandpa, hopefully we will be able to visit again soon!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Spring Break
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment