Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Big Change!

I have wanted to post about this for a long time, but Chad didn't want the news to get around that he was going to make a big change. We didn't want him to lose his job before he actually quit. Yes, he quit his job, and is going to be going back to school full time. I think we are crazy to do this with 4 kids, but it is the right thing to do. He has been taking a math class this last semester, and did awesome. For someone who has been out of school for so long it was a good way to ease him back into it. He will be taking some classes this summer, and then be full time in the fall. He is going to major in Mechanical Engineering, and I think it will be a field that he loves. Sadly he already has a degree, so there is no free money, but somehow it will all work out. On Monday he gave his boss his two week notice, but after many talks with his boss, he will still be working a few hours each day, and he also has landed an evening job. So, I will be a single mom, but we will definetly enjoy the time we get to all be together more! So for the time being the finances will be tight, but hopefully in 2-3 years I will be able to have a husband who loves what he does instead of doing something just to provide for his family.

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

Yay! This is pretty awesome!

How are you feeling? Any better?

KiLee said...

Good luck with that! I am also looking forward to a year & a half from now. Nate will be DONE with school! It's nice that he's going into something that he'll enjoy - it makes all the difference.

Cali and Travis said...

That's cool! Congrats!