This weekend (thanks to Kim), I found out it was Disney Princesses on Ice in Salt Lake. I immediately got online and found some tickets. Called Chad, and decided that Claire and I were going. She was so cute when we told her. She just kept asking me if Cinderella would be there.
We jumped in the car Friday and went to Chads sister's house Stacey and stayed with them. The kids had so much fun. I practically had to pry Claire out of the house the next morning even though she knew we were going to see the Princesses. Thanks so much Stacey.
We made it to the show just as the opening music was starting, but I had to go to the bathroom so bad! Claire was so mad at me. She just screamed - it was actually quite funny, but we made it in and didn't miss any princesses. She was also mad that I didn't let her bring a princess dress - I guess I just didn't think to pack one. Oh well! It was so great to take her. Her eyes were glued on the ice and she was so funny to watch. I enjoyed the show but I enjoyed watching her even more. She didn't quite understand the whole intermission thing so she just looked up at me when the lights turned on and said, "Is it over? Cinderella didn't come out yet." I then had to explain that they needed a little break. We then went out and got her a souvenir and a drink - all was well.
Once it was over we were talking in the car and she informed me that she would like to go again tomorrow. I just laughed. We then did some shopping (she is a great shopping buddy!), and then headed home. Of course we hit a snow storm (in March!), but made it just fine. It was so much fun going with just her and I, and I can't wait for another girls weekend!
Claire, Colton, and Morgan
Checking out her stuff
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Claire's Weekend
Posted by CA Clayson Fam at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! Were you there Friday at 4? That's when we went. I felt so bad for not taking a dress for Kenzi either, but I didn't even think of it! We hit the storm Saturday afternoon, and I thought we were going to die...it was horrible! Glad you guys got to get away for a little while!
We went to the Saturday morning show at 11:00. So worth it!!
What a fun mommy-daughter date!
Post a Comment