Wednesday, March 19, 2008

To Van or Not to Van?

OK, so Chad and I are in somewhat of a disagreement. I'm sure it is partly my fault (not usually). :-) I have always said that I don't want a van. Actually I have been pretty vocal about it. Then comes along baby number 3, and gas prices go up like crazy, and a van isn't looking to bad to me. We could fit another kid in our car, but we wouldn't be able to take anyone with us. I have tried to explain that to Chad, but he doesn't quite understand it - you moms understand what I mean. So I took the liberty of searching for vans online and I showed the list to Chad. I think he rolled his eyes. I know he wants his big SUV, but I would like a car that I can afford to drive farther than Winco. He will still have his pick-up so he can feel matcho when he's not with all of us. Am I being unreasonable??

6 comments:

Shannon said...

i never wanted a van either, but with 3 kids that needed to be buckled into carseats and the price of gas the mini-van was the way to go for us. i just didn't want the hassle of leaning over a back seat or folding a seat up and down. i actually really love driving a mini-van they are great for moms.

i think i'll save the cute, fun, sporty suv for when there are no more carseats!!!

Clark Family said...

Go for the van, girl! Join the club! They really are not that bad, I promise. It is SO easy to get kids in and out....good luck convincing Chad!

Debra said...

Hey we are trying to decide the exact same thing! We should go car shopping together. My thing with vans are they have to have room in the back. And it doesn't seem like they do so I need to go check them out. Want to come?

Maybe if we get a van Chad would be more willing to get a van. :)

kim said...

My Denali costs almost $100 to fill up, and I fill up once a week. It stinks. I am so lucky that Rod's company pays for it! I would go for the van! My SUV is pretty big, and kind of hard to get the little kids into. My parents have a van, and it is so much easier to get the kids in and out of. Plus, they have cute little vans that look more like SUVs instead of vans...I don't know what they are called, but good luck!

CA Clayson Fam said...

Anytime Debra. I have a few in mind, but we should go and see. It would be fun to see if the salesperson would even talk to two girls.

Trevor and Shanna said...

april,trev and i both think you should totally go for the van. we have always wanted one, even with out kids. much easier to get in and out of than old red:D